CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Creative Cafe book "things we love"






Before I start, I'd love to know why my pictures upload in reverse order. Nevertheless, I'm almost too stressed to explain this project, but see as it's so col (imagine 1000000000000 times cuter in person), I will try my hardest.

Creative Cafe was, for once, not taught by Kristen. And darnit, I cannot remember the woman's name who was teaching it. She went through the steps and was rather practical, but her nonchalant use of the word cadiwhompus (or however you spell it) has stuck it into my brain and I find myself cleverly slipping into my conversations.

This project is made of an envelope book by 7 gypsies and is soooo cute. The funniest part is that the book originally came with 10 pages, but somehow, our teacher got a special book that accidentally was made with 11! She planned the entire project around an 11 page book and she was the only one that had such a thing, so she had to bust open a couple and pass out pages. Luckily, the books were bound with some simply bindery thing which made putting the extra page in a quite simple task.

I really loved this little craft because it didn't take much. It was the book, paper, ink, and ribbon. Well, and pop-dots, but those are a given. The only thing that would make it hard and even impossible to recreate this piece is not having one of those fancy cutter machines that cuts pictures and figures; a machine which I do not have. It's a crafty little bit of inspiration, though, to show that you can go pretty far with only a few tools. Let me tell you, I am an INKER and I went nuts on this book. It turned out pretty cool though.

No comments:

Post a Comment